Vice President Internal Audit
Date: Jun 26, 2014
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
ENHANCING SHAREHOLDER VALUE THROUGH RISK MITIGATION
As the Vice President Internal Audit, you will have the opportunity to set the strategic direction of the Internal Audit function of Outerwall (OUTR – NASDAQ). Utilizing your ability to identify and evaluate high risk areas associated with shareholder value drivers and the company’s strategic objectives, you’ll bring thought leadership to executive management and key stakeholders in this high profile, high impact role. Ultimately, you’ll drive our internal audit capability to the next level of sophistication by creating and executing a roadmap to leverage the true value of an internal audit function as Outerwall continues to evolve. The position reports directly to the Audit Committee Chair and administratively to the SVP Risk, Audit & Compliance.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the company’s Senior Leadership Team, setting the audit strategy and delivery of audit services in alignment with the corporate and LOB strategies and priorities. Build strong relationships with corporate and LOB leadership and leverage those relationships to identify emerging risks in the business.
- Provide ELT and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with advice, counsel and recommendations based on audit activity. Draw on diverse sources of information (industry, customer, economic, regulatory) to develop strategies and identify business improvement opportunities.
- Serve on the Risk Audit & Compliance Leadership Team that drives the company’s Enterprise Risk Management program, operating within an integrated risk framework designed to leverage the internal audit, compliance, enterprise risk, information security and loss prevention team efforts in delivering efficient and coordinated risk services.
- Serve on the Finance Leadership Team, working directly with the CFO and direct reports, to ensure internal controls and risk considerations are baked into Finance strategies, priorities and key initiatives. In conjunction with the CAO, manage independent auditor relationship (optimize for efficiency, reliance on IA work and cost control), SOX program efforts and continuous improvement to internal controls.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to manage business risk and improve decision making; ensure strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard Outerwall and improve operations.
- Evaluate complex business issues where analysis of situations or data requires sound business judgment and an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Partner with corporate and LOB leadership to evaluate new growth opportunities, including M&A, partnerships and joint ventures.
- Attract, retain, grow and lead a strong, cohesive, and effective Audit team that is respected by the organization, at all levels, from the business units to the Board, and seen as vital to the company’s success.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful and progressive experience in corporate audit, with significant and recent experience leading an audit function. Experience integrating acquisitions, implementing new systems and developing world class processes.
- Extensive experience in a publicly traded complex organization with preference for consumer-oriented industry experience. Experience successfully influencing across multiple business units and functions in a shared services environment.
- Strong preference for public accounting firm experience and CPA certification, additional internal audit certifications desired – CIA, CISA, CFE, etc.
- Proven experience with successfully directing and implementing change initiatives despite potential resource constraints, competing priorities, or other challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posting Notes: || United States || Washington || Bellevue || || None
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field