Senior Interactive Designer
Date: Jul 26, 2014
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL, US
Redbox is looking for a Senior Interactive Designer to join our Customer Experience organization. You will be an integral part of the team that designs and delivers simple, convenient and valuable product experiences to Redbox customers across channels (Web, Mobile, Kiosk).
- Organize diverse business requirements and architect user journeys into intuitive, coherent, easy-to-navigate user interfaces.
- Create detailed journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and visual design comps
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Software Architects, and various business partners, integrating technical, business, and customer perspectives to design user experiences that are powerful yet ease to use.
- Identify opportunities to improve the value and usability of customer interactions.
- Work with other designers and programmers to achieve strong visual and technological solutions without sacrificing usability.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to design complex user interfaces and interactions for web, mobile, kiosk and cross channel experiences
- Hands-on mastery of interaction design deliverables including concept diagrams, wireframes, prototypes (low/high fidelity), journey maps, etc.
- Ability to facilitate ideation sessions, exploring alternate design options in order to discover optimal solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate detailed flows and reasoning behind design decisions utilizing various data points (competitive benchmarking, user testing, clickstream analytics, etc).
- Experience leading user research activities and translating research into design decisions.
- Proven success designing mobile experiences on both native app and responsive/adaptive design.
- Background developing and applying UI design patterns, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG)
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of related experience that includes visual and interaction design.
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more interactive prototyping tools such as Axure, Visio, Dreamweaver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Communications Design or related field required.
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || || None
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field