Date: Jul 10, 2014
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL, US
The Strategy Analyst role is focused on supporting Redbox’s key strategic and growth initiatives. You will enjoy intellectual challenge, a high caliber peer group, and project variety often associated with management consulting, as well as the opportunity to see the implementation of your analysis. You will work on internal data analysis, consumer research, market tests, predictive analytics, financial modeling, and business cases for various opportunities, with a high degree of exposure to the Redbox Executive Leadership Team. Redbox’s main office is in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, but team members usually work in our satellite office in Chicago’s River North 1-2 days per week.
Strategy & Analytics is the central strategy team for the Redbox line of business, responsible for using structured problem solving and analytics to influence Redbox’s major decisions and drive profitable growth. We are a small and highly collaborative team of professionals with prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, market research, data analytics and retail strategy. We collaborate on projects with a wide range of functional teams.
Recent Examples of Team Projects
- Network Strategy: Developed and executed optimization model and strategy to maximize profitability of Redbox’s 40,000+ kiosk network
- Pricing Strategy: Conducted a market test to determine pricing elasticity of Redbox’s product offerings and collaborated with large cross-functional team to roll-out price changes
- New Business Expansion: Performed consumer research, in-market studies and retail landscape evaluation to support the expansion of Redbox in Canada
- Merchandising Analytics: Developed predictive models to improve product placement across the life cycle of a title.
- Work independently or as a member or leader of a small team to conduct rigorous, fact-based research and analysis and advise senior management on significant business problems.
- Take responsibility for projects from conception to completion, with guidance from S&A Leadership and collaboration with peers. Write the recommendations and present to leadership.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships with key internal clients and business partners include Marketing, Finance, Operations and Executive Leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 1-3 years of directly applicable experience in an analytical role in a consulting, corporate, or entrepreneurial environment. Experience with consumer products, consumer insights, retail, or entertainment/media is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record. We look for evidence of analytical skills, problem solving, and strong logical thinking.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to understand the economic drivers behind a variety of business models.
- Experience synthesizing large datasets, such as transactional data, customer data or other operational datasets for actionable business insights.
- Deep Excel skills including building financial and sensitivity models, joining together multiple data sources, verifying data integrity and use of advanced Excel functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in PowerPoint with the ability to craft presentations of the key messages and storyline developed from analytical project work.
- Adept at learning new software and analysis methods. Willing to learn SQL, Tableau and other new tools and technologies. Prior experience with any of these tools or statistical analysis is a plus.
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || || None
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field