Income Tax Accountant II
The Income Tax Accountant is primarily responsible for preparing work papers and returns for Redbox Automated Retail, LLC and the consolidated group. He/she will be responsible for preparing the tax provision for financial reporting and calculating estimated taxes. This position reports to the Senior Income Tax Manager.
- Prepare tax returns for federal, Redbox and consolidated parent companies
- Organize and maintain return work papers, including: calculating book-tax differences and supporting schedules
- Calculate federal estimates and extensions and assist with cash tax forecasting for current and future years
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740
- Maintain and communicate necessary updates for fixed assets including tax depreciation schedules and calculations and support to indirect tax stakeholders
- Assist with preparation of state and local income/franchise tax returns, work papers, and estimates and extensions
- Monitor changes in tax rates and legislation, update management and team about discovered modifications and initiate alterations to comply with authoritative requirements
- Research new and ongoing issues using online tax research tools and conclude on accurate application of federal and state law. Communicate research findings either orally or in writing.
- Compile and prepare information and supporting documentation in response to notices and audits
- Maintain notice activity relative to incoming notices and active notice balances
- Collaborate with members within tax department and with professionals across the business
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of federal income tax experience; multi-state income/franchise tax experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA, Corptax (Tax compliance software) and OneSource (Provision) and FAS experience, a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in Word, experience with Microsoft Dynamics (or other general ledger systems) a plus
- Must be detail oriented. Able to organize, problem-solve, and execute multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under tight reporting deadlines as a team player and independently
Redbox® is always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information please see EEO is the Law.
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || ||